- Trees planted 2
- Available jun, jul, aug, sep
- Duration 2 days / 1 night
- Number of participants Min. 2
- Age limit No age limit
What you'll experience.
Discover the unique landscapes of East Iceland in this two day hiking trip on Mt. Askja and Kverkfjöll mountains. In this tour you will enjoy a relaxed hike through the amazing contrasts of the volcanic lava fields and icy glaciers, far off the beaten track. You will hike along the massive Askja crater, encounter glacier ice caves and get a chance to bathe in a warm, soothing hot spring that will take the concept of relaxation to new heights. Take a break from the stressful everyday routine, get in touch with nature and experience the incredible tranquility of the highlands of Iceland. Please note that this tour is operated from Egilstaðir. If pick up outside Egilstaðir is required, additional fees may be added. The itinerary and departure times may also be altered due to unfavourable weather and/or road conditions.
- Reservation is necessary at least 48 hours in advance.
- If you need pick up service to your hotel please advice when you reserve the tour.
- If you need to be picked up outside of Egilsstaðir please advice, additional charge may apply.
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
- Departure dates may vary depending on weather and road conditions.
- For group offers or tailor made options please send us a request.