- Trees planted 2
- Available all year
- Duration 8-10 hours
- Location Golden Circle, Iceland
- Number of participants Min. 2
- Age limit Minimum age 16 years
What you'll experience.
The Snorkeling and Golden Circle Tour is one of the most exciting combos available in Iceland!
The Golden Circle combines three of the most iconic attractions in Iceland. This tour gives the route a refreshing twist! Start your adventure by snorkeling in Silfra, a freshwater fissure between the North American and Eurasian continental plates.
Once you finish snorkeling the fresh, clear, water you will drive around the countryside in South Iceland, stopping at Þingvellir national park, a UNESCO World Site, the spouting hot spring Strokkur in Geysir geothermal area, and Gullfoss, one of Iceland’s most scenic waterfalls.
You can choose whether you snorkel in a wetsuit or drysuit. The difference is that in a wetsuit you can dive underneath the surface and explore more of the underworld wonders of Silfra.
Our friends at Adventure Vikings are the only company that offers wetsuit diving in Silfra so we really recommend you try it, you won’t regret it. Please note that all gear necessary for snorkeling is included.
- Here is a draft of your itinerary
- Your guide will pick you up at your accommodation at the specified time according to your booking.
- You will then head to Þingvellir where you will start your day snorkeling in Silfra.
- After your snorkeling session your guide will give you a tour of Þingvellir.
- You will then head to Geysir geothermal area to see Strokkur, the spouting geyser.
- The last stop of the tour is at Gullfoss where you can take a easy walk down to the waterfall and capture some amazing photographs.
- Upon your return to Reykjavík you will be dropped of at your accommodation.
- Be at least 155 cm (5’1)
- Be at least 50 kg (110 lbs)
- Be able to swim
- Not be pregnant
- Minimum age: 16