- Trees planted 1
- Available all year
- Duration 11 hours
- Location Snæfellsnes National Park
- Number of participants Min. 1, max. 19
- Age limit Minimum age 5 years
What you'll experience.
Visit the beautiful Snæfellsnes National Park in this day tour from Reykjavík.
A visit to the Snæfellsnes National Park is like venturing into a fairy tale. Attractions are in abundance and the area is often referred to as “Miniature” Iceland. In Snæfellsnes you will find sheer sea cliffs, rough lava fields, small fishing villages, the iconic Kirkjufell mountain, and one of the three National parks in Iceland with the majestic and mysterious Snæfellsjokull glacier in the middle.
Jules Verne made this place immortal in his novel “The journey to the center of the Earth”. The entrance to the center of the Earth was said to be on Snæfellsjökull glacier. The area is also tied to the Icelandic Sagas as one of our most famous settlers, Bárður Snæfellsás, lived there.
During the tour you will visit the following places:
1. Ytri Tunga where you have the opportunity to see some seals
2. Arnarstapi and Hellnar where you can walk along the cliffs
3. The visitor centre in the National park
4. Djúpalónssandur which is the most beautiful black beach in the area and
5. Kirkjufell mountain near to Grundarfjordur.
Book this amazing trip to the famous Snæfellsnes peninsula to see amazing attractions and nature.
Included in final tour price.
- Round trip excursion
- Professional guide
- Free Wi-Fi
- Lunch & snacks
What to bring.
- Warm clothes
- Good shoes
- Kikjufell mountain
- Norhern lights (during winter if conditions are right)
This tour is operated by our friends at Nicetravel. A family run tour operator that aims to offer personal service and creating memorable experiences for their guests. Their motto is simply: “be Nice”.