- Trees planted 1
- Available all year
- Duration 4-5 hours depending on season
- Location Snæfellsjökull glacier
- Number of participants Min. 1, max. 8
- Age limit Minimum age 8 years
What you'll experience.
The Snæfellsjökull glacier hike will take you to the very top of this magical and mysterious glacier.
Before your ascent your guide will drive you up to the snowline, from where you’ll hike towards the base of Snæfellsjökull. This is the perfect opportunity to learn how the landscape has been influenced by the retreating glacial crown of Snæfellsjökull. This taste of Icelandic mountain life will reward you with incredible views over the Snæfellsnes peninsula and Atlantic Ocean.
This tour is the perfect choice for beginner to intermediate hikers. Not only does this give you a taste of Icelandic mountain life but it also provides countless opportunities for fun and photographs. In our base hut we have all sorts of fun sleds/single foot skis that you are welcome to borrow to slide back down the slopes.
During the summer months (May – Sept) when the snow has melted you are welcome to include bike rental in the booking process and ride back down the slopes. We also include a visit to the famous singing cave of Snæfellsnes to test your vocal chords.
Included in final tour price.
- All required mountain gear which includes crampons and hiking sticks
- Guided in English and Scandinavian
- Short drive to Snæfellsjökull trail start
- Visit to Sönghellir cave
- turdy hiking boots - can be rented 1.500Isk (please ask us when you book to make sure they have your size)
- Food and water
What to bring.
- Good shoes
- Warm clothes
- Rain gear
- Snæfellsjökull glacier
- View over Snæfellsnes peninsula
- Glacier hike
This tour is operated by our friends at Go West. This family run company takes environmental responsibility to another level and is at the forefront of sustainable travel in Iceland. Their main driving force is to preserve the Icelandic nature so future generations can enjoy it as well.
Go West's certifications: