- Trees planted 2
- Available jan, feb, mar, nov, dec
- Duration 11 hours
- Location South coast of Iceland
- Number of participants Min. 1, max. 6
- Age limit minimum age is 10 years
What you'll experience.
Join this private Northern lights and glacier hiking day tour.
In this private tour you will experience the Northern lights and a glacier hike on one of Iceland’s magical glaciers. The tour starts with a pick-up in Reykjavík area and a drive along the South coast to Sólheimajökull outlet glacier. There you will embark on a private glacier hike adventure with a licensed and experienced guide.
Afterwards you will visit the majestic and scenic Skógafoss waterfall where you will enjoy a lovely two course dinner. On the way back to Reykjavík the best places to view the magical northern lights will be visited.
This is a private tour so the program can be adjusted according to your needs and preferences.
- No need to worry about equipment because everything that´s needed is built into the price.
- This includes waterproof mountaineering boots
- Technical glacier equipment and rain gear.
All you need to bring is warm clothes, big smiles and maybe a camera to capture those special moments.
Please note that the northern lights are a natural phenomena and sightings cannot be guaranteed.
Included in final tour price.
- Certified glacier guide
- Private guide for the duration of the tour
- Private transfer
- Mountaineering boots
- Technical glacier equipment
- Rain gear
- 2 course dinner in the evening
What to bring.
- Personal outdoor clothing
- Water bottle
- Small backpack
- Glacier hike
- Sólheimajökull glacier
- The South Coast of Iceland
- The Northern Lights
- Pick up at your accommodation in Reykjavík is at 12:00.
- You will then proceed to drive along the spectacular South coast of Iceland where you will see ash mountains, waterfalls and volcanoes. The journey lasts about 2 hours with one pit stop about mid way where you can buy lunch and use the restroom.
- Upon arrival at Sólheimajökull outlet glacier you will gear up and start your hike to the glacier.
- You will spend the day hiking through the glacier and exploring crevasses and swell holes under the guidance of your certified guide. After about 2 hours on the glacier you will head back to the parking lot.
- From there you you will be taken to Skógafoss waterfall where you will enjoy a traditional two course meal with a magnificent view of the waterfall from the restaurant.
- After dinner you will spend the rest of the evening hunting down the spectacles of the Northern lights on the way back to Reykjavík. Drop off at your place of accommodation is expected to be no later than midnight.