- Trees planted 2
- Available all year
- Duration 10 hours
- Number of participants Min. 1, max. 6
- Age limit minimum age is 10 years
What you'll experience.
Join this private glacier hike adventure and get to hike one of Iceland’s spectacular glaciers.
This private glacier hike day trip from Reykjavík offers an unforgettable experience. You will drive along the spectacular south coast, stopping at some of the most popular attractions in Iceland. Highlights of this tour include the magnificent Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls, amazing black sand beaches and of course hiking the Sólheimajökull outlet glacier. If your group is up for it, you will also get a chance to try your hand at ice climbing. As mentioned this tour is private which means that the itinerary can be very flexible, tailored after your preferences. Your guide for this tour is very experienced, fully certified and will strive to make your experience informative, exciting and memorable.
No need to worry about equipment because everything you will need is built into the price. This includes waterproof mountaineering boots, technical glacier equipment and rain gear. All you need to bring is warm clothes, big smiles and maybe a camera to capture those special moments.
Here is a draft of the itinerary
- At 8:00 you will be picked up by your guide in a luxurious minivan at your accommodation in Reykjavík.
- You will then proceed to the spectacular South coast of Iceland. From the road you will be able to see ash mountains, waterfalls and volcanos.
- The first scheduled stop is at a café in Hvolsvöllur where you will be able to get some refreshments.
- The trip continues towards Seljalandsfoss for a short walk behind the waterfall for some amazing photo opportunity.
- The next destination are the South coast black sand beaches. The raw power of the North atlantic ocean is sure to leave you in awe.
- Once you reach the edge of the glacier, you will gear up and start your hike to the glacier. The hike will last about 1 ½ hours, during which your guide will introduce you to all the wonders of this magical wonder world, exploring creavasses, ice crystal formations and swell holes.
- Ice climbing is optional for those who feel up to it.
- Upon your return the minivan will take you to the very picturesque Skógafoss waterfall for some amazing views. Those who still have some energy left can climb up to the top and enjoy the magnificent view from above.
- Afterwards your guide will drive you back to Reykjavík and drop you off at your accommodation.
Included in final tour price.
- Technical glacier equipment
- Rain gear
- Certified glacier guide
- Personal outdoor clothing
What to bring.
- Small backpack
- Warm clothes
- The spectacular South coast of Iceland
- Skógafoss waterfall
- Seljalandsfoss waterfall
- Amazing black sand beaches
- Sólheimajökull outlet glacier