- Trees planted 1
- Available may, jun, jul, aug, sep, oct
- Duration 2 hours, 30 minutes
- Location Sólheimajökull Glacier Lagoon
- Number of participants Min. 1, max. 11
- Age limit Minimum age 16 years
What you'll experience.
Enjoy a unique kayaking adventure on a glacier lagoon!
Set out across Sólheimajökull glacier lagoon and enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding glacier and icebergs.
This kayaking tour exclusive brings you up close with the majestic outlet glacier Sólheimajökull. As you paddle between the ever-changing icebergs of the lagoon, you get to leave the crowds behind and admire the spellbinding glacier landscape from a wholly different perspective.
With the stable sit-on-top kayaks, no prior experience is required, and the basic technique is very easy to pick up. Trust us, Kayaking on a glacier lagoon is an easy and yet thrilling experience!
Don’t forget your camera, as this tour is sure to leave lasting memories.
Included in final tour price.
- Kayak and paddle
- Dry suit
- All technical and safety equipment
What to bring.
- Warm clothing
- Extra pair of socks
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Waterproof case for your phone or camera if you intend to bring it with you on the tour
- Sólheimajökull Glacier Lagoon
- Kayaking in between ice bergs
This tour is operated by our friends at Icelandic Mountain Guides. IMG manages an environmental fund that aims to preserve and restore the Laugavegur hiking trail, one of the most popular hiking trails in Iceland. They are also powerful advocates for environmental awareness on various platforms.
Icelandic Mountain Guides’ certifications: