- Trees planted 1
- Available all year
- Duration 2,5 - 4 hours
- Location Langjökull glacier
- Number of participants Min. 1, max. 50
- Age limit No
What you'll experience.
Venture inside an ice cave in Iceland’s second biggest glacier, Langjökull, for a truly unforgettable experience. Walk along the ice tunnels to the heart of the ice cap glacier and marvel at the beautiful bright blue ice under the guidance of an experienced guide. You will start your adventure by driving from the base camp to the glacier entrance in a specially modified glacier vehicles enjoying the beautiful view on the way.
The price includes entrance to the glacier, ride from base camp in a specially modified glacier vehicle, english speaking guide in ice cave and tunnels and an english speaking driver. The specially modified glacier vehicles are equipped with free Wi-Fi.
Please note that pickup can be arranged, please specify in the booking process.
Take glacier exploration to a new level and book your ice cave adventure now!
Information and directions (Please read carefully)
Winter: (16.10-31.5): Please note that the meeting point is at Húsafell center (See map below).
***Please use road 1 towards Borgarnes and road 50 and 518 to Húsafell.***
***Please note that road 550 is CLOSED from October until June.
***Please note that the mountain road F550 which connects both Húsafell and Þingvellir national park to Klaki base camp is a rough gravel road ONLY suitable for 4×4 vehicles during summer, mid June-mid October.
Summer: (1.6.-15.10): Please note that the tour departs from Klaki base camp (See map below).
Please take the shuttle from Húsafell if you do not have a 4×4 vehicle.
The shuttle departs from Húsafell at 10:00, 12:30 & 15:00. (11:00 & 14:00, extra departures, not always available)
The shuttle ride takes approximately 30 minutes.
GPS coordinates: Húsafell – N64 41.950 W20 52.118 Klaki base camp – N64 39.014 W20 34.962
Included in final tour price.
- Entrance to the ice cave
- Ride on specially modified glacier vehicles
- English speaking guide and driver
- Free WiFi in glacier vehicles
- Lunch (can be bought on the way)
- Hotel pickup (optional): Please specify in booking process
What to bring.
- Warm clothes
- Waterproof shoes and warm socks
- Warm waterproof coat
- Hat and gloves
- Transport from meeting location in a specially modified glacier vehicle
- Ice cave
- Drive yourself from Reykjavik (or other starting point) to Husafell or Klaki base camp. You will find detailed information below. During winter, please use road 1 towards Borgarnes and road 50 and 518 to Húsafell.
- Tour starts from Husafell in winter time (16th of October-31st of May) and in summer time (1st of June-15th of October) at Klaki base camp by the edge of Langjökull glacier.
- Shuttle departures at 10:00, 12:30 & 15:00 (11:00 & 14:00, extra departures, not always available) from Húsafell to Klaki base camp (1st of June- 15th of October).
- Specially modified glacier vehicles will take you up to the ice tunnels and back. The trip is about 30 min. each way during summer and 60 min. during winter.
- Ice cave exploration with an experienced guide for about 1 hour.