- Trees planted 2
- Available all year
- Duration 10-11 hours
- Location Langjökull glacier
- Number of participants Min. Depends on season, max. Depends on season
- Age limit Minimum age 6 years
What you'll experience.
If riding a snowmobile on an ice cap glacier and descending into a man-made ice cave is something that you have always wanted to experience, than this tour is for you!
Your journey begins in Reykjavík where you will be picked up at your place of accommodation and head towards the highlands. The bus fleet is brand new and equipped with computer tablets for each seat, free WiFi and a USB charger. The tablets are free to use and feature a GPS sensitive audio guide which is available in 10 languages. The audio guide will tell you interesting facts about Iceland and the many highlights you will see on your way. The bus host will also be happy to answer any questions should they arise. Once you will reach the glacier base camp, you will put on necessary clothing and safety equipment and receive a safety briefing from your guide. You will then begin your snowmobile trip and drive across the snowy wasteland towards the famous ice cave where you will explore the icy netherworld deep within the glacier. On your return to base camp after your adventure, you will be taken to the small village of Húsafell where you can relax in the thermal swimming pool and hot tub.
Included in final tour price.
- Free tour pick up from your accommodation in Reykjavík
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Snowmobile ride
- All necessary equipment for snowmobiling (helmet, gloves, snow-suit)
- Approximately 1 hour guided tour in the Ice Cave
- Admission to the Ice Cave and Húsafell swimming pool
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of languages
- Lunch & snacks
- Headphones for in bus audio guide
What to bring.
- Warm clothes
- Waterproof shoes and warm socks
- Warm waterproof coat & pants
- Headwear & gloves
- Headphones (For in bus audio guide)
- Langjökull glacier, on top and within
- Húsafell thermal swimming pool
- Hraunfossar waterfall
- Barnafoss waterfall
- Moss covered lava fields
- Pick up at your place of accommodation in Reykjavík starts at 7:45 in winter and 8:00 in summer.
- You will then head towards the highlands to the edge of the glacier.
- Once you reach the base camp you will put on necessary clothing and safety equipment before receiving a safety briefing from your guide.
- Drive on a snowmobile across the ice cap towards the magnificent man-made ice cave.
- Return to base camp where you will board the bus again.
- Relaxation at Húsafell thermal swimming pool and hot tubs.
- Drop of at your place of accommodation in Reykjavík.
This tour is operated by our friends at Reykjavík Sightseeing. All their tours are guided in 11 languages and all buses are brand new, equipped with modern technology and comfort.
Reykjavík Sightseeing’s certifications: