- Trees planted 2
- Available jan, feb, mar
- Duration 3 hours
- Location Vatnajökull glacier
- Number of participants Min. 2
- Age limit Minimum age 8 years
What you'll experience.
This ice cave and snowmobile tour is the perfect for first-time riders and individuals looking for a scenic ride and want to explore and experience the wilderness of Iceland.
Enjoy the purity of the snowy mountains and become one with Iceland’s spectacular nature. An experienced local guide leads the way and shares a wealth of fascinating information about glaciers, icefields and their impact on our environment during our journey.
The journey starts at Jökulsárlón- Glacier Lagoon. After a short briefing about the great adventure ahead, you will jump in a specially modified Super Jeep and start your adventure. Once you reach Vatnajökull Glacier you will pick up your snowmobile and follow your guide into the unknown. The snowmobiles will allow you to get far away from the crowds and see parts of the glacier that are not easy to get to on foot.
Don’t worry about driving the snowmobiles, your guide will introduce you to everything you need to know in a short workshop. It’s super easy and everybody can learn it within minutes! For the Ice cave part, you’ll go into and underneath the glacier and experience the glacier’s beauty from the inside.
Your guide will provide you with safety equipment (helmet, wind and water proof overalls, and crampons) and the fun begins!
· A valid driver´s license is required.
· Good outdoor clothing and hiking boots are required
· Reasonable level of fitness is required.
· It´s customer’s responsibility to inform the guides if they have any kind of health issue.
· If the tour is cancelled due to weather or other force majeure events, customers get a full refund.
· The tour is undertaken on the responsibility of participants.
· Required participants per tour is 2 persons
NOTE: If the driver or passenger causes damage on a snowmobile the driver is responsible for paying for the repair of the snowmobile.
Included in final tour price.
- Warm, waterproof overalls
- About 1 hour snowmobile ride
- 15-20 minutes in an ice cave
- Super jeep ride to the glacier
What to bring.
- Warm clothes
- Good sturdy shoes
- Vatnajökull glacier
- Snowmobile ride
- Super jeep ride
This tour is operated by our friends at Glacier Journey. This small, family run company is located right underneath the Vatnajökull, Europe's biggest ice cap glacier. Their passion is not only to create amazing experiences for their guests but also to protect and preserve the nature that surrounds them.
Glacier Journey's certifications: