- Trees planted 2
- Available jan, feb, mar, apr, sep, oct, nov, dec
- Duration 11 hours
- Location Golden Circle
- Number of participants Min. 1, max. 15
- Age limit minimum age is 10 years
What you'll experience.
This popular day tour from Reykjavík combines the magical Northern lights and the Golden Circle in one day tour. As well as stops at local farms for some traditional Icelandic culinary tasting and a visit to a local spa.
Your first stop on the Golden circle will be at Þingvellir National Park. From there you will go to the local greenhouse, Friðheimar. There, you will get a taste of their delicious home grown tomato soup, and freshly baked bread for lunch. The soup is made from homegrown tomatoes grown in a geothermal greenhouse. Next up is a visit to the spouting hot spring Strokkur at the Geyser geothermal area. The geyser spout hot water up to 30 m in the air every few minutes. The magnificent Gullfoss waterfall “Golden waterfall” will be the next visit.
After enjoying these jewels of Icelandic nature, we turn our attention back to the taste buds with a visit to the farm Efstidalur. There, we get a few samples of their local produce such as their home-made Skyr and delicious ice cream. You will then go to the geothermal spa Fontana, followed by a 2 course dinner at the local restaurant Lindin. There you can relax and build up energy for your Northern lights exploration later that night.
Please note that the Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon, therefore sightings cannot be guaranteed. Some dishes include meat, fish and dairy. This tour is operated on a minibus, driven by an experienced guide. A small group experience that gives you deep insight into the Icelandic nature, geology, and culture.
Included in final tour price.
- Guiding service
- Local culinary tasting at Friðheimar
- Local culinary tasting at Efstidalur
- Entrance to Laugarvatn Fontana spa
- 2 course dinner with today’s special and chocolate mousse dessert at Lindin Restaurant
What to bring.
- Warm clothing
- Rain gear
- Good shoes
- Swim suit
- Drinks are not included
- Þingvellir National Park
- Geysir geothermal area
- Gullfoss waterfall
- The Northern Lights
- Pick up from your accommodation in Reykjavík is between 11:30 and 11:50.
- Your first stop is at Þingvellir National Park
- Next up is Friðheimar where you will enjoy some delicious tomato soup made from homegrown tomatoes.
- You will then proceed to Gullfoss waterfall and Geysir geothermal area for some stunning sceneries before heading to Efstidalur farm for a taste of traditional Icelandic Skyr and ice cream.
- Next up is a well deserved rest and relaxation at Fontana spa before enjoying a two course meal at a local restaurant.
- After dinner your Northern lights adventure will begin.
- Afterwards you will head back to Reykjavík where you will be dropped of at your accommodation.
This tour is operated by our friends at Icelandic Mountain Guides. IMG manages an environmental fund that aims to preserve and restore the Laugavegur hiking trail, one of the most popular hiking trails in Iceland. They are also powerful advocates for environmental awareness on various platforms.
Icelandic Mountain Guides’ certifications: