- Trees planted 2
- Available jan, feb, mar, apr, sep, oct, nov, dec
- Duration 11 - 12 hours
- Location South coast of Iceland
- Number of participants Min. 1, max. 24
- Age limit Minimum age 10 years
What you'll experience.
Join this great glacier walk and northern lights tour.
This winter day tour combines two classic highlights, a glacier walk and Northern lights “hunting”.
After pick up you will make your way to the Sólheimajökull outlet glacier where you will enjoy a safe and easy glacier walk up on the ice cap. Your very knowledgeable guide will introduce you to all the amazing features of the glacier such as: water cauldrons, crevasses, ridges and waterways,
It will offer you a unique opportunity to learn about these majestic giants. Once you descent from the glacier you will head towards the scenic waterfall Skógafoss where you will enjoy a traditional Icelandic dinner at the local restaurant.
After dinner you will head out into the night to search for magical Northern Lights and pay a mandatory stop at the lit up Seljalandsfoss waterfall.
Please note that the Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and therefore sightings cannot be guaranteed.
Included in final tour price.
- Pick up & drop off in Reykjavik
- Technical glacier equipment
- Safety equipment
- Experienced and fully certified guides
- Dinner & dessert (drinks not included)
- Boots and rain gear (Can be rented for 1500 ISK)
What to bring.
- Warm clothes
- Rain gear
- Good shoes (hiking boots recommended)
- Lunch (can be bought on the way)
- Sólheimajökull outlet glacire
- orthern lights
- Pick up from your accommodation in Reykjavík is between 11:30 and 11:50.
- Your first stop is at Sólheimajökull outlet glacier where you will go for a hike up on the majestic glacier.
- You will then proceed to Skógafoss waterfall for some stunning sceneries and a traditional Icelandic dinner.
- After dinner you will start your Northern lights adventure and pay a visit to the lit up waterfall Seljalandsfoss
- Afterwards you will head back to Reykjavík where you will be dropped of at your accommodation.
This tour is operated by our friends at Icelandic Mountain Guides. IMG manages an environmental fund that aims to preserve and restore the Laugavegur hiking trail, one of the most popular hiking trails in Iceland. They are also powerful advocates for environmental awareness on various platforms.
Icelandic Mountain Guides’ certifications: