- Trees planted 1
- Available jan, feb, mar, oct, nov, dec
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Location Vatnajökull glacier
- Number of participants Min. 1
- Age limit Minimum age is 2 years
What you'll experience.
Glacier Journey in Iceland is truly a unique experience.
In this glacier journey, you will get the opportunity to visit and discover Iceland’s largest glacier. You will be driven in a specially modified Super Jeep vehicle to the glacier, where you get to explore the glacier, enjoy a truly spectacular view, go into and underneath the glacier, and experience the glacier’s beauty from the inside!
An experienced local guide leads the way and shares a wealth of fascinating information about glaciers, icefields and their impact on our environment during our journey, making sure everyone enjoys themselves to the fullest.
These ice caves are an ever changing natural phenomenon and, therefore, unpredictable. We will visit one ice cave during the tour and the choice of a cave is based on conditions and safety.
This exciting tour offers you the opportunity to walk inside a truly mighty chunk of ice. Vatnajökull Glacier was formed thousands of years ago and is by far the largest glacier in Iceland. It covers an area of roughly 8.000 Sq. km (5.500 Sq. miles) and is almost 1.000m thick at its deepest point, making it the largest glacier mass in Europe. Trump that for an ice cube.
· Good outdoor clothing and hiking boots are required
· Reasonable level of fitness is required.
· It’s customer’s responsibility to inform our guides if they have any kind of health issue.
· There is a 48 hours’ cancellation policy, customers will get a full refund if they cancel tour 48+ hours before departure.
· If the tour is cancelled for some reason i.e. due to weather, customers get a full refund.
Included in final tour price.
- Experienced glacier guide
- Food & drinks
What to bring.
- Warm and waterproof jacket and pants
- Hiking boots
- Vatnajökull glacier
- Ice cave
This tour is operated by our friends at Glacier Journey. This small, family run company is located right underneath the Vatnajökull, Europe's biggest ice cap glacier. Their passion is not only to create amazing experiences for their guests but also to protect and preserve the nature that surrounds them.
Glacier Journey's certifications: