- Trees planted 2
- Available all year
- Duration 10
- Location Sólheimajökull outlet-glacier
- Number of participants Min. 1, max. 6
- Age limit minimum age is 10 years
What you'll experience.
Glacier hike is one of the most popular activities in Iceland. In this tour you will be exploring the spectacular South coast of Iceland on your way to Sólheimajökull outlet-glacier. At Sólheimajökull glacier, you will take part in a 3 hour long glacier hike. In a group of only 6 guests, you will be under the guidance of an experienced and fully qualified guide. This highly personalized glacier-hiking trip offers amazing views and exciting experiences at one of Iceland’s magical glaciers.
In this tour, you do not have to worry about the equipment. Included in the price of the tour are waterproof mountaineering boots, technical glacier equipment and extra rain gear. With one of the lowest guide to guest ratio, the small group size in this tour delivers an enhanced experiences and more safety.
Included in final tour price.
- Certified glacier guide
- Rain gear
- Mountaineering boots
- Private transfer
- Technical glacier equipment
What to bring.
- Personal outdoor clothing
- Water bottle
- Small backpack
- Glacier hike
- Sólheimajökull glacier
- The South Coast of Iceland
- Pick up at your accommodation in Reykjavík at 08:00. Please note that it can take a few minutes to pick everyone up.
- The road takes us along a the spectacular South coast with ash mountains, waterfalls and volcanoes. The journey lasts about 2 hours, making one stop mid way where you can buy lunch and use restroom.
- Before 10:45 you will reach your final destination of Sólheimajökull outlet glacier. You will gear up at the parking lot and start the hike to the glacier.
- You will spend the day hiking the glacier and exploring crevasses and swell holes. Your guide will introduce you to this glacial wonder world. After about 2,5 to 3 hours on the ice you will make your way back to the parking lot.
- From there there will be an approx. 15min drive to Skógafoss waterfall where you will make a short scenic stop. The ones with some energy left can climb up to enjoy a magnificent view from the top of the waterfall.
- Afterwards you will drive back to Reykjavík, aiming to be at your hotel between 17:00 and 18:00.