- Trees planted 1
- Available all year
- Duration 8 hours
- Location Þingvellir National Park
- Number of participants Min. 1
- Age limit Minimum age 18 years
What you'll experience.
The diving Silfra day tour is a truly extraordinary experience. Silfra, a lava fissure filled with crystal clear glacial water, is counted among the top five dive sites in the world by many prominent dive publications.
Silfra is best known for its 120 meter underwater visibility and for being the only place in the world where you can dive between two continental plates.
On this dive, you will be able to place one hand on the North American continental plate and the other on the Eurasian continental plate. If you are a certified dry suit diver, this is a must-dive site!
To join the diving Silfra day tour participants must:
- be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water or equivalent
- have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the tour date
- have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives.
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the Diving Silfra Medical Statement
- be at minimum 150cm / maximum 200cm
- be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
- be at minimum 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- not be pregnant
This tour is operated by our friends at Dive.is. Their aim is to fulfill the highest standards with regards to dive education, dive safety, equipment, environmentally friendly actions, and to ensure customer satisfaction and beyond their expectations.