- Trees planted 1
- Available all year
- Duration 3-4 hours
- Location Grindavík
- Age limit Minimum age 6 years
What you'll experience.
Join this 3-4 hour ATV Adventure Tour to the Moon and experience the moonlike nature of Iceland!
In this 3-4 hour long ATV Adventure Tour to the Moon, you will ride in the moonlike nature to the tip of the Reykjanes peninsula geopark. There you will visit the Reykjanes lighthouse and the are where the Mid-Atlantic ridge comes a shore and splits Iceland in two. The Mid-Atlantic ridge is where Iceland is being torn apart due to the two tectonic plates, North American and Eurasian, are pulling apart. You will then ride along a black sand beach called Sandvík or “Sand cove”. This beach was the setting of the Clint Eastwood film “Flags of our father”. During the ride, you will get a chance to try out some good old fashioned Icelandic homemade twisted doughnuts (kleinur) and some hot chocolate.
- The operator of this tour will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days (48 hours) or less before event
- The operator of this tour will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 100 days or less before event
These tours might also interest you
This tour is carbon offset through the forestry project Plant a Tree in Iceland
If you want to know more about Plant a Tree in Iceland, please visit the project at www.plantatreeiniceland.is
Included in final tour price.
- All necessary equipment for an ATV ride
- An English speaking guide
What to bring.
- Good shoes
- Warm clothes
- Black sand beach
- Mid-Atlantic ridge
- Reykjanes peninsula geopark
This tour is operated by 4x4 Adventures Iceland.