- Trees planted 1
- Available all year
- Duration 2 hours
- Location Hella, South Iceland
- Number of participants Min. 2
- Age limit Minimum age in 7 years
What you'll experience.
A private extreme buggy adventure tour to the black sand beach
In this private extreme buggy adventure tour you will experience the unique black sand beach of the South Coast. You will be driving our unique and very powerful Polaris 1000 buggy cars, the most powerful buggies for rent in Iceland.
You will meet up with your guide at Buggy X-treme basecamp in the town of Hella. There you will be introduced to the buggy cars and get all necessary equipment. When you have been briefed and all dressed up, it’s time to start your extreme buggy adventure. From the basecamp you will drive down to one of the longest black sand beaches in Iceland, Þykkvibæjarfjara. Most of the driving will be done on a gravel road next to the river West Rangá. We will drive on the black sand for some time before we reach the shoreline.
This is a really quiet beach where you will enjoy driving our buggy’s on the soft black sand. You will also have a spectacular view of the Atlantic Ocean and see and feel the power of the waves. Þykkvabæjarfjara black sand beach holds some secrets that you will discover while enjoying the beautiful scenery.
- Please note that you need a valid driver’s license to drive the buggy’s.
- This is a private experience and requires two people minimum.
- The price per person is based on two people sharing one buggy car.
- Single riders must select the “single rider” option in the booking form.
If you want more information about this tour or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can either send us a message through the contact form or via email at email@example.com.
If you would like to look at similar options to this tour, check our ATVs and Super Jeeps tours.
Check the weather forecast for the area this tour operates in; South Iceland weather forecast
Included in final tour price.
- Water resistant suit
- Powerful Polaris 1000 Buggy
What to bring.
- Outdoor shoes
- Warm clothes under the suit
- Snacks and drinks if you choose to
- Black sand beach
Buggy X-Treme is a family owned tour operator, owned and operated by a local family in Hella.