Diving in Silfra – With Pick Up
The diving Silfra tour is a truly extraordinary experience. Silfra’s crystal clear glacial water, is counted among the top five dive sites in the world.
- Trees planted 1
- Available all year
- Duration 5 hours
- Location Þingvellir National Park
- Number of participants Min. 1
- Age limit Minimum age 18 years
What you'll experience.
Diving in Silfra fissure is a truly extraordinary experience. Silfra, a lava fissure filled with crystal clear glacial water, is counted among the top five dive sites in the world by many prominent dive publications.
Silfra is best known for its 120 meter underwater visibility and for being the only place in the world where you can dive between two continental plates.
On this dive, you will be able to place one hand on the North American continental plate and the other on the Eurasian continental plate. If you are a certified dry suit diver, this is a must-dive site!
To join the diving Silfra day tour participants must:
- be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water or equivalent
- have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the tour date OR have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives.
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the Diving Silfra Medical Statement
- be between 150cm and 200cm in height
- be between 45kg and 120kg in weight
- fit within the dry suit size chart
- be minimum 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight and constricting dry suit
- be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- not be pregnant
Participants are not allowed on this tour without signing the Diving Silfra Medical Statement and, if necessary, a physician’s approval which can be found on the second page of the Medical Statement document. Each participant must sign the liability release form at the start of the tour.
Included in final tour price.
- 1 guided dive
- All necessary equipment
- Hot chocolate and cookies in the dive break
- Entrance fee of ISK 1.500,- into Silfra
- Hotel pick up and return in central Reykjavík area
- The base layer to be worn under the dry suit and undergarment while snorkeling is not provided. Please bring long thermal underwear and warm wool socks.
What to bring.
- Your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Water or equivalent)
- Proof of dry suit certification or 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of tour date
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- If you wear glasses, please bring contact lenses or your own prescription mask if you have one
This tour is operated by our friends at Dive.is. Their aim is to fulfill the highest standards with regards to dive education, dive safety, equipment, environmentally friendly actions, and to ensure customer satisfaction and beyond their expectations.